TWD: Chocolate-Crunched Caramel Tart

It’s Tuesday, and that means it’s time for Tuesdays with Dorie. This week Carla of Chocolate Moosey chose Chocolate-Crunched Caramel Tart, which is available on her blog or in Dorie Greenspan’s fabulous book, Baking: From My Home to Yours on pages 355-357.

Have I ever said how much I love Dorie’s Sweet Tart Dough? It’s not sweet tart in the sense that it’s sweet and tart, it’s a tart dough that’s sweet. :) It’s so easy to work with and I don’t get the pie dough phobia that I get every time I try to make and roll out a pie dough. No this dough is delicious, has just the right amount of sweetness, and it’s tender without falling apart.

Now, make some homemade dark caramel and chop some nuts, spread them in that fabulous tart dough, top with rich bittersweet chocolate ganache, and you have this week’s tempting treat.

Some of the TWD bakers said that they had to much ganache. I actually put as much as I could into the tart dough, chilled it for 20 minutes, then added the rest and spread it around the top. I chilled for the remaining 10 minutes and it worked perfectly, no left over ganache.

My pictures are crap this week. Hopefully I can snap a few more in the daylight, but wanted to make sure I got this post up. UPDATE: Added new photos, but still aren’t the greatest. :-p

Be sure to check out how the other TWD bakers faired!

Comments

1. Teanna says

Those pictures are not crap! They are great! And I love the way you spread the ganache! I tried that, but failed miserably! Haha! Gorgeous job – sorry you thought there was too much ganache, though! It is very rich!

2. Kayte says

I love the way the top looks all swirly in the first photo, no way could I get mine to do that. Of course, you know me, I wasn't going to spend a lot of time messing with chocolate, but I do admire that when I see it in others. Great job, inside and out!

3. myfamousrecipe says

I love that photo of the long, slender slice. It makes me wish I had some left (but that tart didn't last more than two days at my house!).

4. mike says

They look fantastic – love how your ganache turned out. The dough IS fantastic isn't it! I'm glad I made some additional batches to keep on hand – nicely done this week!

5. Lauryn says

wow, your tart looks perfect! I too, absolutely love the sweet tart dough! It is amazing! I think your pictures look incredible!!! :)

6. Romaine says

Interesting comments about the tart dough. I had a little trouble with mine. Not as flaky as yours. Your new pictures look good too.

7. Erin@The Sweet Life says

Your pictures aren't crap! They're very good! I read about your pie dough phobia, and it cracked me up! I'm the opposite. Every time I see that we have to use the sweet tart dough, I cringe. I just can't get it right, but I LOVE Dorie's pie crust…it's never failed me yet! Too funny!

8. Tami says

I sure understand pie crust phobia! You've done awesome with this tart. I bet that it was every bit as good as it looks!